Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Experimental philosophy update

My effort to see whether I could write a paper in one semester has now reached a successful conclusion. The paper, "Philosophy and Poetry," has been accepted for publication in Essays in Philosophy. Hooray! Thanks to  everyone who gave me feedback on the first draft I posted (or linked to) on here.

I don't intend to make a habit of writing quite so quickly, but I'm glad that I was able (with help, of course) to transform a paper from rubbish to adequate in so little time. I learned some philosophy along the way, and with luck someone will read it and be pointed towards Cora Diamond's and Alice Crary's work, which I talk about in the paper.  

2 comments:

  1. Great! Congratulations. I look forward to reading that issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, me too. I wonder what line the other papers will take.

    ReplyDelete